Q: I am interested in producing a Show for Spectrum OC16. What do I need to do?
A: Submit a spec or pilot episode at least 10 minutes long on DVD or video link. Hand deliver, mail or e-mail it to:
200 Akamainui Street
Mililani, Hawaii 96789
Include any pertinent information relating to your program and production company. We view submissions monthly and if we feel that your show would be a good addition to Spectrum OC16 we will call you to set up a meeting. Contracts, policies and technical information would be discussed at that time. We will not accept walk-in appointments so please leave your contact information so that we may contact you. We prefer 30-minute shows as opposed to hour-long shows. And as a corporate policy, you will be required to purchase Professional Errors and Omissions insurance prior to air. If you do not have an insurance agent, we can provide you with a contact.
Q: Do you offer copies of your Spectrum OC16 or XCast sports telecasts?
A: We no longer offer copies of our telecasts. You do have several options to view games live or On Demand:
- • Upcoming games:
- – Watch live on Spectrum OC16 (Chs 16/1016), Spectrum XCast (Chs 17/1017) or Spectrum XCast2 (Chs 18/1018).
- – Set your DVR to be able to watch again and again!
- – Watch live in and out-of-home on the Spectrum TV app. Learn more here.
- • Past games:
- – Find them online at sports.oc16.tv/video_archive.
- – View them on Spectrum OC16 On Demand, channels 14/1014.
Q: Why am I not able to view any videos on your website?
A: The live stream and video players are exclusive to Spectrum TV Hawaii customers only. You will need to authenticate your account with your Spectrum username and password. To create a username and password, please visit spectrum.net/createaccount to set up your Spectrum credentials.
Q: I’ve exceeded my login attempts. How do I reset it?
A: Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the phone number associated with the account and we can reset it for you.
Q: I’d like to get more information about an episode of a Spectrum OC16 show.
A: From the SHOWS page, click on the show you are interested in and scroll down for “Contact Us” information.
Q: Why doesn’t anything happen when I click on the sign in button?
A: Please check to make sure that you are allowing popups for this site. Access the appropriate browser link below for directions on allowing popups.
Having issues playing videos in Safari?
A: Please check your Auto-Play setting by going through the following steps:
1. Choose Safari > Settings for This Website from the top menu of your screen.
You can also Control-click in the Smart Search field, then choose Settings for This Website.
2. Hold the pointer to the right of Auto-Play, then click the pop-up menu and choose an option:
• Allow All Auto-Play: Lets videos on this website play automatically.
• Stop Media with Sound: Blocks autoplay for videos that contain audio, but allows other videos to play.
• Never Auto-Play: Blocks autoplay for all videos on this website.
Q: Why am I not able to watch any archived shows and games from my mobile device?
A: At this time, our library of shows and games are only accessible through your desktop computer.
Q: When will games be rebroadcast?
A: An encore of a game is usually scheduled on the same night of the live telecast. For a complete schedule listing, please go to the Schedules tab and click on the channel you’d like to search.
Q: Why is my favorite sport not on-air? How do you select which teams are shown?
A: We televise the sports that are most in demand from our viewers. Match-ups are selected in tandem with the various leagues. We feature more than 90 nights of high school sports competition a year, which is the most comprehensive coverage of local sports in Hawaii.